Monday, October 27, 2008

A little relief

I am relieved today. We made it to 34 weeks. There are some babies that are born at this point that are healthy enough to go home with Mom and Dad right away. The girls have had their steroids for lung development so I am a little relieved. That said, I don't want them to come just yet...but I'm proud of myself none the less. I really really really wish that we had our MFM appointment this week but it's only a week away and hopefully this week will go by quickly. Today we're finishing up preparing our bedroom for the twins. It's going to be a little cramped in here with a full-size crib in here but we think it's the best idea. If we used the co-sleeper we would only be able to use it for a few weeks since the weight limit is 15lbs. There's a chance I still might want it for as long as we can use it just because the girls will be nursing so much in those first few weeks and I'm not looking forward to climbing out of bed every time I need to feed them! It's so nice to just reach over and pull them into bed with me like I did with Grace and Evan.

We are both getting more excited instead of just scared about delivery. We didn't want to go into the hospital for delivery knowing that our girls would be whisked away from us immediately. Now we're nearing a stage that that may not happen. I have to say that it is getting harder to me to stay laying down and sitting still but so far I'm resisting the urge! I'm waiting to see what the doctor tells me on Wednesday morning. I'm praying for a great NST and no further dilation/effacement.

No comments: