Thursday, October 16, 2008

7 hour doctor appointment

I went to my regular scheduled doctor appointment yesterday for my NST and check-up. The girls were all over the place so we spent a long time trying to get good strips on the girls heart rates on the NST. We finally got a good 20 minute strip and I thought everything was going ok. Then the doctor visit told me otherwise. Baby B, Leah, was having variables or dips in her heart rate so I needed to be kept for 4 hours in L&D to monitor her heart rate. Then the doctor did another ffn test and checked on my dilation. I'm not much more dilated, I was 1-2 before and I'm just about 2 now however I'm much more thinned out, about 80%. I'm so scared. I went to L&D and Leah's heart rate looked ok, then Madeline was having dips in her heart rate when I would contract. I was contracting about every 12 minutes or so. I was finally about to go home when they were satisfied with the girls on the NST and when they got the results of the ffn test as negative. That's pretty much the only positive things that came out of yesterday, the negative ffn test. It says that I "shouldn't" go into labor in the next 2 weeks. But when I asked the dr about it he said that at this point I should be more concerned with my water breaking from pressure and a thin cervix not supporting it well....I'm just scared. It's still way too early for these girls to come. So I'm home again on strict bed rest, 5 minute showers and lay ALL day so there isn't any pressure on my cervix. Debbi and Rob were supposed to come down this weekend to help with the kids but Debbi is sick so they won't be down. I don't know what we're going to do now. I have never been so upset, scared and stressed. Most of the stress comes from trying to coordinate childcare for the kids with Matt's schedule at work. He cannot take any more time off so that's not even an option. I don't know. I just don't know.

No comments: