Wednesday, October 22, 2008

33 week doctor appointment

I'm happy and disappointed at the same time with my appointment today. I'm happy because the NST showed the girls look good and reactive, even though it took us an hour and a half to get good strips on both of them since they were moving all over the place. The disappointment comes because the doctor didn't check my cervix. Now - for those of you that have ever been pregnant and had this done, it's NOT pleasant but I've been having painful contractions and lots of pressure. She said that she didn't want to disturb anything, and I can respect that. I would just like to know if all of this bed rest and having people come do everything that I should be doing is doing any good! My belly is measuring 7 weeks past full term for a single baby. Ugg...I'm enormous. We're having friends over this weekend and I don't even want them to see me because I'm just gigantic! But I'm so looking forward to the company and a fun evening! I did ask the doctor about going out to get my haircut and to a local restaurant and she said it should be fine as long as I "save up" my sitting up time and come back and lay down as soon as possible. Thank goodness! I NEED to leave the house! I get to go get a haircut on Saturday morning, I cannot wait!
I'm in a lot of pain today. The babies are pushing down so hard I'm having trouble finding a half comfy position. I'm just depressed today I guess. I know that I'm doing the best I can for the babies its just getting really hard. It will have been one month since I was first admitted to the hospital this Saturday and I'm just antsy to get on with the next step...labor and delivery...and then on with the rest of our lives with 4 kids!!! The doctor tried to cheer me up by telling me that they won't let me be pregnant past 37 weeks so at the very most I'll only be pregnant for 4 more weeks. Um..not comforting. I want these babies to come naturally anytime between 35 and 37 weeks. Both are still head down so as for this moment I still have the possibility of a vaginal delivery...but you just never know. I'm really looking forward to Nov 3 and my next appointment at MFM so I can see how big these kids are. I'm really hoping to fast forward time by two weeks.....If anyone can help with that -- please do.

No comments: