Thursday, July 24, 2008

Doctor Appt.

We are officially half way there this week!!! Yay!!! I keep saying to myself that I'm 20 weeks pregnant. I'm 20 weeks pregnant...with twins. Holy crap. I had someone say to me today, "hasn't it sunken in yet?" In a lot of ways it has but I really don't think the reality of bringing two little babies home in November/December has hit us.
I had a regular doctor appointment today and it went fine. I have been trying and trying to gain some weight since they stress that a weight gain of 50 lbs is what I should be shooting for and up until last month I had only gained 4.5 lbs. Well--today I got on the scale and holy moly...I gained 9 lbs in a little less than 4 weeks. Not only that but when they measured my belly, it's measuring a lot larger than it was the last time. I'm measuring a lot further along that even the average twin Mom! That makes me so happy! I want two healthy girls over 6lbs!! The dramatic increase in the size of my stomach explains a lot of the ligament pain that i've been having. I have to go back to the reg dr in another 4 weeks and after that it's every 2 then every 1....In between i'm going to Maternal Fetal Medicine on Aug 12. I will feel like i'm living at the hospital over the next few months, but that's ok -- anything for healthy babies!

No comments: