Tuesday, November 4, 2008

worries

My worries about a c-section are numerous. One of which is nursing. From what I've read and heard from other multiple c-section Moms is that it's harder to establish nursing after a c/s because tandem nursing is painful with the incision and you need to try to start that while you're in the hospital because you need the help of the lactation consultants with how to juggle both babies and have them both latch on and stay latched on. Sometimes your milk doesn't come in soon enough after a c/s since a lot of Mom's have the babies early and the milk is delayed which then means you have to supplement with formula in the beginning and that opens up a whole different issue.
Another worry is how am I supposed to care for TWO newborns and the two babies I already have while recovering from the c/s AND from this pregnancy? Even if I had a vaginal delivery I think the recovery would be difficult, my body is in shambles right now. I won't go there.
The last thing is that I want to nurse the girls while I'm in recovery so that the stupid nurses don't give them formula in the nursery while I'm in the recovery room and I don't think that they allow that at W&B hospital.

No comments: