Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hospital stay

This is a picture of Leah in her isolette - she's glowing blue from the bili-lights. She had an IV and to wear the glasses to protect her eyes.
We ended up having to put the girls back in the hospital Tuesday evening. We went to the pediatrician for a visit and had to have blood taken for bilirubin levels and they were extremely elevated so the girls were admitted to LGH for two nights to bring them down. It was one of the most awful experiences of my life. I literally didn't sleep the first night at all trying to take care of my girls who were trapped in the isolettes. I don't have much time to write but we're back home now and trying to get settled...we never got settled the first time we were home. I'll write more when time allows.

1 comment:

The Slacker Mom said...

This is still my fear- we have had to take Lincoln in 4 times now to have his bili tested, the pediatrician thinks they have peaked and should come down soon. We'll probably end up with a light box at home if they aren't satisfied with the latest test results. I kind of wish they had just put him under the lights while we were in the hospital for 4 days. I'm guessing everyone is home now. I hope everything is going well!