Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mini update..

I want to start off by saying how excited we are. We still feel like we're living in a dream! We just simply can't believe it.....now on to my neurotic thoughts and feelings. I am so sick. I have lost 6 lbs so far. I can't even keep down water at this point. I slept most of today. I am going to the dr tomorrow hopefully they can give me something to help with the vomiting. I don't know how i'm going to take care of the kids when Matt goes back to work on Thursday. I am having a large amount of stretching pain already which i'm feeling a lot on my right side. From what I understand, it's normal since you are pretty much growing at double the rate of a single pregnancy. I'm so scared about something happening to these two little beans. You hear so many horror stories, especially with twin/multiples which i'm trying not to listen to but people SAY THE DUMBEST THINGS TO ME!!! I had one person tell me that he and his wife lost twins at 14 weeks, and another person tell me that they lost one twin at 24 weeks. Why say those things to a pregnant woman? What's the point? Are you trying to make me freak out? uggggg....I guess the good thing is that I get to see these two babies a lot more often than with a single pregnancy. It's my understanding that I go to the dr every two weeks to Maternal Fetal Medicine through the second trimester and every week during the 3rd trimester. And they do an ultrasound at almost every appointment so that they can get an accurate reading on the heartbeats. And make sure that the babies are measuring ok. I just really thought that when we were trying to get pregnant this time that this pregnancy would be 'old hat' to me but I really feel like a first time Mom again. It's so much different that being pregnanct with just one baby. Hmmm...i'll post again tomorrow after my dr appointment.

No comments: