Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bummer dr appt

I had my dr appt today and i'm so bummed. We had to meet with the CNS for an hour before we got to see the midwife. We did this same thing with the other two pregnancies. It was a little different this time since she was talking a little bit more about a twin pregnancy and the differences I will experience. Some of the "uplifting" news I got...I need to gain 24 lbs by week 24 (End of July), they say that a strong weight gain during the first 24 weeks helps to bring up twin birth weights. Here's to pigging out on healthy stuff as soon as this darn nausea goes away! Also the issues that women have with a singleton pregnancy at 9 months, I will get to experience starting around 5-6 months! I should expect to be as big as I was when I delivered Evan somewhere in July/August! Holy Moly i'm gonna be HUGE! My total weight gain should be around 50-60 lbs. I'm going to look like a freaking oompa-loompa! Here's to thinking about a New Years resolution to lose weight....Matt might need to buy me a gym membership for Christmas!! I'm worried about gaining all that weight but I will do it if it means having healthy babies! My goal is to have 2 6lb babies vaginally! We talked about the chances of having a vaginal delivery and they said with my history of bigger babies, I have about a 70% chance! I was happy to hear that. They said that if one baby is head down and the other is either head down or breech, that they will try to deliver me vaginally. There are dr's there that specialize in breech deliveries so it's up to me! I have a lot of time to think about that. My concern would be that I would deliver one vaginally and then the other wouldn't come out and would have to recover from BOTH a c-section AND a vaginal delivery! No thanks! I'm considering having someone other than Matt in the delivery room if I go vaginally to help out, it's going to seem like chaos and I want someone there to help take pictures and help me push the second one out if Matt needs to be with the first one! Again, lots of time to think about that. Now on to the bummer part of the appointment. They talked a lot about things that i'm going to need to do during the pregnancy, like sooo many more appointments, and different ultrasounds and NST's and perinatologist appointments and things...so that made me think that I would be back in soon to hear the babies heartbeats...NO! I have to wait until the 22nd! I'm so bummed. I just want to hear their hearbeats and make sure everyone is ok in there! The midwife said that this is the last time that there will be that much space between appointments and that in a few months I will be wishing that I didn't have to go every week! I know that is true, it's just hard since I can't feel the babies moving yet and have no way to gauge that they are ok. kwim ? Ok, I better go now....We're going to my Mom's for dinner and to just get the kids out of the house. I will probably be posting more later in my other blog about our car issues....Uggg...Minivan here we come. *notice the reluctance in my voice*.......

No comments: