Sunday, September 7, 2008

half rant/ half rave

Rant first...I *try* not to bitch and complain too much about my pregnancy aches and pains but these last few days have been ridiculous! I can barely walk because of severe nerve pain in my back and ligament stretching cramping pain in my lower pelvis. I'm expanding rapidly and I can literally feel my skin pulling...I don't think I'm going to be escaping stretch marks this time around. I can barely eat anything because I fill up so darn fast so I find myself eating all day long but only a few bites here and a few bites there. It now makes sense why they say that twin growth rate slows for the 3rd trimester! It's because you can't eat anything!! It's still hot and humid outside lately and I'm still swelling up like a blimp. So much so that I can't wear sneakers because they don't fit on my huge feet but I need to wear sneakers when I'm doing anything because it helps with the back pain. Sleep? What is that?? I don't sleep anymore. I can maybe sleep for about an hour and a half in a row before it's a trip to the potty and to try to get comfortable again. It's hard for me to lay on my sides because then I put lots of pressure on my shoulders and they come out of joint just enough to cut off my circulation and make my arms go numb. Ugg.....I think I'm done bitching for this blog......

On to the the rave....I'm in my last week of my second trimester! I have two doctor appointments this week, on Monday I have an appointment with my regular OB and then on Tuesday I have an ultrasound/growth scan/cervical measurement at MFM. I'm a little anxious about both appointments because despite my complaining about being majorly uncomfortable I feel like I'm doing really well with this pregnancy and hope that it continues. I am just the most worried about cervical changes that will put me in the hospital on bed rest or at home on bed rest. I've been through every situation in my head and there's no easy solution to me going on bed rest. If I am at home it would be a little easier since my Dad is laid off...he could fill in the gaps between people being here with me, and if the kids needed something he couldn't do I could help out in some ways like if Evan needed a poopy diaper changed, I could do it in bed - that type of thing. BUT I'm trying to keep positive about it. I'm following what the doctors are saying and keep my activity level to a minimum. I will do something like clean the kitchen and then sit for a while on the floor and play with the kids or on the couch with my feel up...then do something else and sit again. I feel kind of silly doing it, but I want big healthy babies with no NICU time! I will post more after my appointments this week. I'm excited to see how big the girls are at my ultrasound on Tuesday and that they are still measuring the same. When twins start measuring vastly different weights - it can be a sign of a larger issue. AND I'm praying that little Miss Madeline decides that head down is the way to be since she's the one who will determine if I need a c-section or not and as of right now, she's still head up...and not much time left to turn since they are getting really cramped in there!!

I'll post more tomorrow after my appointment.

No comments: