Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Doctor Appointment

I had yet another doctor appointment today and it went fairly well. I gained about 4 lbs in a week but the doctor said a rapid weight gain is normal for this point in a twin pregnancy. I have been having a lot of back pain and other issues and it turns out that I have the start of a kidney infection so I'm on medicine for that. Hopefully it will clear up soon and I'll feel better. I had my cervix checked today and it's closed and doing well. It was measuring a 3.47 at my last MFM appointment last week and that's really good. Since I'm doing well I don't have to go back for 2 weeks! Thank goodness! I have another 3-4 weeks before I have to start my NST's and go to all weekly OB appointments and then biweekly MFM appointments. I am not allowed to travel any longer than an hour in the car at a time. I asked specifically to see if I was able to go to the mountains and obviously that's not going to happen. But I have to put the babies first. We also had a discussion about the possiblilty of a c-section and the timing of it...I'm NOT happy about when they will schedule it. They won't schedule one until my 37th week. Granted, I don't want to have the babies too early but I highly doubt I'll make it to 37 weeks and would rather they schedule it for 36 weeks in the hopes that I don't have to go into labor just to be in agony for no reason.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congratulations on your twins ! Many women do get to full term (37) weeks with twins , and you never know - you may breeze through with a natural delivery! Sometimes people assume they'll have to have a c-section because there are two babies - but trust me - if you can do it vaginally go for it - because you really don't want to be coping with twin babies and recovering from a c-section at the same time if you can help it!
Kim