Thursday, August 7, 2008

Twin facts!

I just found out some interesting information on twins. The type of twins we are having are diamniotic dichorionic twins. All that means is that they are developing in separate amniotic sacs and have separate placentas. I knew that we had a 10% chance that they were going to be identical but I didn't know that if they were they would be classified as the most identical out of all twins. Now - I'm having a little trouble understanding what " the most identical" means since I thought if your genetically the same then you can't get much more identical than that. Also, if we 'think' at birth that they are identical then we will see if their blood types match. If they do then we can send away to get their DNA done to see if they are in fact identical. I don't really care either way if they are or aren't. I think there are pros and cons to both - not that anything would change since if they are they are!! I just thought it was interesting.

I can't wait for my next ultrasound on Tuesday!! I always get nervous right before we go but I'm still really excited about it!

No comments: