Sunday, June 22, 2008

Baby buying

I haven't bought anything for the twins yet with the exception of 2 onesies that we used to tell Matt's Mom that we were having twins. I don't know what i'm waiting for. Well, I guess i'm kind of waiting for our level 2 ultrasound on my birthday just to make sure everything looks ok which i'm sure it will. I guess part of the reason that I haven't bought anything is because when we decided to get pregnant again we talked about how we wouldn't really need to buy anything new since we have a boy and a girl and have all of the "big" things already. I guess i've pushed out of my head the fact that we DO need all of the big things. We are basically starting over again. We need a 2nd high chair, bouncy seat, a swing since we sold the other one (didn't use it much but I think we might find it useful since we're going to have 4 kids to deal with and I only have 2 hands. I could go on and on. I want to start stocking up on diapers since we're going to have 3 kids in diapers instead of just 2 which we're accustom to already since Grace hasn't been potty trained that long. I was just going to continue buying diapers so we don't get "out of the habit" of spending that extra money. We need a second car seat and car seat cover since it's going to be winter when they come. Not to mention clothes. I mean, yes we have a boy and a girl now but a lot of the infant clothes from Grace got thrown away since she had such bad reflux and Evan was born in April so most of his things are out of season/size. On top of this stuff, we're going to attempt to finish the attic for more space since we have no clue as to where we want to move to, not to mention the fact that we don't have a large enough down payment saved for the type of house we want to purchase. We have thought about a lease to buy thing but am a little leary of that. I also don't want to sell our house and take a hit on it since the housing market sucks so bad right now. We are just trying to stay put in this shit town until we just can't stand it anymore. I like my house, I just don't like the town. Like I always say about our home purchase, we bought it b/c Matt was at Walter and Jackson making crap and we wanted me to be able to stay home with the kids and this is what we could afford. Little did we know that a few short months later he would get the job at Valero and things would change drastically. Had we known then what we know now...
I'm trying to organize the dining room more. We have decided that we are going to make it strictly a play room. We're going to remove the hutch and sewing table and make it more useful to our needs. I really don't care what people think of it, We're going to have 4 kids age 3 and under, we need room for their things! I bought the play table for in there and want to get a low bookshelf for in there also I just need to save the money for it. It's also from Pottery Barn outlet. I am loving that place right now. The furniture is amazing and it's sooo cheap.
I've gone on and on enough already, i'll stop now.

No comments: