Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dr appt

We had another dr appointment today. We tried to hear the heartbeats and think that we heard both babies but can't be sure. We heard heartbeats all over my stomach so the doc is pretty sure that we got to hear both. I still wish we could have that reassuring u/s to make sure everything is ok but May Grant seems anti-u/s. A lot of the other women on my board that I talk to that are pregnant with twins get an u/s at every visit so that they get an accurate measurement of the heartbeats. I hope that that becomes the way we are. We did get kind of blindsided by the dr about the nuchal tests. We turned down the quad screen for Grace and Evan and did for this baby also. However I didn't know much about the nuchal test until she sprung it on us today and that we have to decide withing 2 days b/c it can only be done between 11-13 weeks and the blood work that goes with the u/s has to be taken a week apart and i'm 11 weeks 1 day now. We still aren't positive what we are going to do but we're leaning towards not doing the test due to the rate of a false positive. I'm going to try to research it a little more.
That's about it for now...Oh-- I did gain 1.2 lbs so that's good since I'm still down from my pre-pregnancy weight. I have a lot of eating to do between now and 24 weeks!!!

No comments: